Data Privacy Statement
On this page we provide information about our handling of personal data in connection with this website
(1. General Privacy Notice) and when adverse reports are reported (2. Privacy Notice for Pharmacovigilance)
1. General Privacy Notice
This data privacy statement explain how Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (hereafter "Boehringer Ingelheim", "we", "us") processes which personal data of you for which purposes. In any event, collection and processing of personal data will only take place conformable to the applicable law (i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation, "GDPR").
Contact form or other requests
We process your data in order to provide you with the agreed or requested services on this website:
- If you register and log in;
- If you take part in training courses or events;
- If you send us inquiries about products or possible adverse event.
The legal basis is Article 6 (1) b) GDPR.
1.Log data and technical cookies
2. Facebook Pixel
Our website utilizes the Facebook Pixel, the conversion tracking pixel service of Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”). When you visit our website and take an action (e.g. downloading a document), the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. This way we can use advertising features like audiences, conversions, targeting and optimization as well as Facebook Analytics data.
This means, when visiting Facebook or a third party website, you receive information customized to your interests (“Facebook Ads”). It is in our interest to provide you with information based on your interests so that our website and our provided information stays of interest for you.
We have no influence on the specific direct use or additional use of your data by Facebook. We inform you to the best of our knowledge:
Through the use of Facebook Custom Audiences Facebook receives information that you visited our website, or you clicked on one of our advertised posts. If you are registered at one of Facebook’s services, Facebook would be enabled to connect your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered or logged in at Facebook, it might be possible for Facebook to track your IP-address and/or additional identification data.
To deactivate Facebook Custom Audiences on our website please click here or if you are logged in to Facebook as a user click here. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the respective browser you are using and the visited domain of the website.
The legal basis for our use of your data is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
For additional information to the data processing of Facebook please got to https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
Data Transfer to Third Parties
We may share personal information with third parties.
1. Reporting obligations to regulatory authorities and enforcement of rights. As a pharmaceutical company, we are subject to specific regulations, such as pharmacovigilance. Some of these laws require us to send your reports to regulators or other authorities worldwide (including countries that may have a different level of data protection than the EU). We only provide authorities with personal data if we are legally obliged to do so. In order to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, we may also disclose data to rights holders, consultants and authorities in accordance with legal provisions.
2. Service provider. We engage service providers to process your personal data for the purposes described in this data protection information. These service providers process the data only on our behalf, in accordance with our instructions and under our control in accordance with this data privacy declaration. One of these service providers is Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 River-walk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Ireland, providing data and web analytics services.
3. Boehringer Ingelheim companies. As part of a global group of companies, we involve other Boehringer Ingelheim companies that support us in data processing. These group companies process the data exclusively for the purposes stated in this data protection declaration.
4. Data transfer to recipients outside the EU. Some of these service providers and Boehringer companies process personal data outside the EU. In these cases, we ensure an adequate level of data protection to comply with European law (usually through EU standard contractual clauses published by the European Commission).
Boehringer Ingelheim processes your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose of the processing, which mainly is the provision of our services requested by you. This means for example that we send you newsletters for as long as you did not withdraw your subscription or that we store your user account data (login, profession, name etc.) for as long as you maintain a user account with us.
We will retain personal information for as long as necessary for the particular business purpose or purposes for which it was collected. If you revoke your consent, delete user accounts or object to data processing, we will delete the data collected in a timely manner.
In some cases we are obliged to keep data to comply with statutory retention periods (e.g. in the context of pharmacovigilance). In such a case, we will ensure that your data will only be used to comply with the retention obligations and not for other purposes.
You can request information which personal data we store. If you have provided personal data based on a contract or consent, you have the right to receive this data in a common and machine-readable format. In justified cases, you may also request the deletion, correction or limitation of the processing of your data. If your personal data is transferred to a country outside the EU that does not provide adequate protection, you may request a copy of the contract that provides adequate protection of personal data.
Where you provided consent for the use of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect.
If we use your personal data on the basis of a balance of interests, you can object to the use of your data. In this case, we will no longer use your data unless our interests prevail. You can object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes, e.g. the receipt of mailings, at any time without further consideration.
If you have any questions about our use of personal data, this data protection declaration or would like to exercise your rights, you can contact us at any time or you can contact our data protection officer directly:
Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH – Data Protection Officer – Binger Straße 173 D-55216 Ingelheim am Rhein Germany
In case of questions or concerns you can also contact the competent data protection authority (especially where you live or where we are established).
Data privacy statement as of: May 16, 2018
2.Privacy Notice for Pharmacovigilance
Purpose of the data collection
Thank you for reporting adverse events or other pharmacovigilance relevant information to a Boehringer Ingelheim product to Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co KG, Binger Straße 173, 55216 Ingelheim am Rhein. Your report is very important for public health. We will use and share this data solely for pharmacovigilance purposes. (Pharmacovigilance is the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other medicine-related problem.)
Handling of the report (sharing with Boehringer Ingelheim companies and authorities)
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co KG will share the report with Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH who is operating the global pharmacovigilance database. Boehringer Ingelheim is obliged to report pharmacovigilance relevant information to health authorities worldwide (including to countries that may have another level of data protection compared to the EU).1 The reports will contain details about the incident but only limited personal data:
- For Patients, the report will only contain, [age / date of birth / year of birth], genderand initials as provided, but never the patient's name.
- For the reporting individuals, the report will include the name, profession (e.g.physician, pharmacist), initials or address, email and phone number as provided. The contact information is required to be able to follow-up with the reporter to gain highquality and complete information on adverse events. If the reporter does not wish toprovide his contact details to Boehringer Ingelheim or authorities, “Privacy” is enteredin reporter's names field.
Where your data is shared with other Boehringer Ingelheim companies, business partners or service providers outside of the EU, we will provide an adequate protection of personal data.
As reports about adverse events are important for public health reasons, reports are kept for minimum of 10 years after withdrawal of the product in the last country where the product is marketed.
Information requests about the handling of your personal data
Upon your request, we will inform you which data we store about you for which purposes. In justified cases, you may also request the deletion, correction or limitation of the processing of your personal data.
You may also object to the processing of your personal data for the transfer to authorities outside the EU described above unless the interests of Boehringer Ingelheim prevail.
If your personal data is transferred to a country outside the EU which does not provide appropriate protection, you can request a copy of the contract that implements the appropriate protection of personal data.
Please send your request to:
In addition and in case of concerns, you can also contact the competent data protection authority: Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz, Hintere Bleiche 34, 55116 Mainz, email@example.com.