GIOTRIF® (afatinib) in Squamous Cell Carcinoma
GIOTRIF® (afatinib) as monotherapy is indicated for patients with NSCLC of squamous histology progressing on or after platinum-based chemotherapy1
See the efficacy benefits of using GIOTRIF® (afatinib) after chemotherapy in unselected 2nd-line SqCC.2 Click here.
Rationale for targeting ErbB in 2nd-line SqCC
A comprehensive genomic analysis of 178 squamous cell carcinoma tumours by the Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network identified a potentially targetable gene or pathway alteration in 96% samples studied2
- Identified potential oncogenic drivers included the ErbB family, FGF receptor family, JAKS and the PI3K pathway2
- GIOTRIF® (afatinib) is a highly selective irreversible ErbB family blocker.3,4 Find out more.
FGF=fibroblast growth factor receptor, JAKS, Janus Kinase, NSCLC=non-small-cell lung cancer, PI3K=phosphoinositide, SqCC=squamous cell carcinoma
- GIOTRIF® (afatinib), Summary of Product Characteristics, 2018.
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network. Nature 2012;489(7417):519–525.
- Solca F, et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2012;343(2):342–350.
- Li D, et al. Oncogene 2008;27(34):4702–4711.