GIOTRIF® (afatinib) is a highly selective irreversible ErbB family blocker1,2
Understand how GIOTRIF® (afatinib) irreversibly blocks aberrant ErbB signalling.
- Aberrant ErbB family signaling is a key driver in the growth and spread of EGFR M+ NSCLC3
- GIOTRIF® (afatinib) demonstrates activity against all four members of the ErbB Family: EGFR, HER2, HER4, and indirectly against HER3 by inhibiting its transphosphorylation by heterodimerisation partners1-3
- This provides potent signal blockade of mutated EGFR and irreversibly silences aberrant ErbB network activity1,2
EGFR M+=epidermal growth factor receptor mutation positive,
HER=human EGFR, NSCLC=non-small-cell lung cancer
- Solca F, et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2012;343(2):342–350.
- Li D, et al. Oncogene 2008;27(34):4702–4711.
- Engelman JA and Cantley LC. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;14(12):4372–4376.